Propylene glycol chemical formula C3H8O2, CAS number: 57-55-6. It is an organic compound which is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature, confusing with water, ethanol and various organic solvents. It may also be present in the air as a vapor and is almost odorless and tasteless.
Propylene Glycol Applications:
Propylene glycol is divided into two specifications: industrial grade and USP grade. It is widely used in many industries such as industry, food, medicine and so on.
- It is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water, It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products.
- It is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze.
- It is used to make polyester compounds, and as a base for deicing solutions.
- It is a solvent for food colors and flavors, and in the paint and plastics industries.
- It is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions.
“FUTURE” is a leading chemical industry supplier in China, and we have a branch in Dubai. Our chemicals have multiple certifications such as Reach/ISO/SGS and are exported to more than 100 countries around the world. Choose us, you get advanced chemicals that meet the quality standards customers around the world expect. Hope to be your best strategic partner!